From this excellent article by the Guardian’s Jonathan Wilson. It should be noted that this should be taken with a pinch of salt because Diego Torres is a renowned Mourinho hater and has no direct access to Mourinho only Madrid players. According to Torres, Mourinho laid out a simple seven-point plan for winning big games:
- The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.
- Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.
- Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.
- Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.
- Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.
- Whoever has the ball has fear.
- Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.